Cooking is Like Science

Cooking is Like Science
Cooking is Fun & Healthful!

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Broccoli With Cheese Sauce

   I went to Whole Foods the other day and was delighted to find so many neat items. One item I found was Applegate Farms Emmentaler Swiss Cheese, so I bought some. I had not seen this cheese anywhere else, so far. I like the taste of it too.
   Here is what I made with 2 small heads of broccoli that I had to use up. I actually put the heads of broccoli in a large slow cooker that was cooking a chicken and making chicken broth. I took the broccoli out and made a cheese sauce with it using the Emmentaler Swiss Cheese.

Broccoli With Cheese Sauce

1 large head broccoli or 2 small heads, steamed
1/2 cup milk
1 TBS. corn starch
2 slices Emmentaler Swiss Cheese
Salt, to taste
Butter

   Steam the broccoli first. Add corn starch to milk, and heat until thickened, until it starts to boil. Stir until the cornstarch and milk are completely combined. Once the sauce is thick, add the cheese to it. Let the cheese melt and pour over broccoli. Add salt and butter, if desired. Serves 3-4.


No comments:

Post a Comment