Here are some collected statistics on the well being of our children in America (from Juice Plus)
1. By age 12, an estimated 70% of our children have developed the beginning stages of hardening of the arteries. (Bogalusa Heart Study)
2. 1 in 3 Americans born in 2000 will develop diabetes. (Journal of the American Medical Association)
3. 1 in 4 children is obese. (International Journal of Obesity)
4. Nearly 50% of obese adolescents remain obese as adults ( International Journal of Obesity)
5. 7% of school age children are diagnosed with ADHD (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
6. About 6% of elementary school children and 7% of adolescent children miss 11 or more days of school yearly due to illness or injury. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
7. Over 93% of all children and adolescents do not consume the recommended 3 servings of vegetables per day. (Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine).