Cooking is Like Science

Cooking is Like Science
Cooking is Fun & Healthful!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Teeth and How To Care For Them

   i have been intrigued lately since I read an article explaining how root canals can harbor deadly bacteria that grows in an anaerobic environment. I personally have at least 8 root canals, so I am living at a dangerous level according to this article written by Dr. Joseph Mercola. Anyway, I continued to read about an experiment done by Dr. Weston Price (do a search for raw milk articles) and he was a dentist who did an experiment by pulling out the tooth of a woman who had arthritis, implanted the infected tooth into a rabbit, watched the rabbit develop arthritis and die, and observed the former arthritic woman become free of arthritis.
   It reminds me of something I heard a couple of years ago. My husband read a book given to him by a health authority, and the book studied different cultures of people who had long life spans. It made observations of possible reasons that these people lived a long life. One of the reasons had to do with the way they took care of their teeth. Our teeth can make us deathly sick if we let them go.
  For the past year, I have done a little research on this, and found that fluoride, which the authorities seem to taut as a great preventive for cavities, is actually a deadly poison and can cause cancer. So, I am looking for a way to brush my teeth without fluoride now. That led me to find a recipe to make my own toothpaste, which can also be fluoride free.
   Here is what I found; a web site that gives directions on how to make toothpaste out of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. By the way, I have also heard that baking soda is a good thing to use to treat cancer. Supposedly, it helps reduce it or eliminate it altogther. Here is the recipe for the toothpaste from http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Toothpaste

1/2 cup baking soda
1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide (3%)
3 tsps. glycerin for every 1/4 cup dry ingredients (optional)
drop of peppermint oil

Mix together to form a paste. Do not eat the toothpaste though. Small amounts probably won't hurt, but it is not a good thing to eat toothpaste of any kind! Take good care of your teeth. You only get two sets!

No comments:

Post a Comment