Cooking is Like Science

Cooking is Like Science
Cooking is Fun & Healthful!

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Safety and Health Tips

I know this may be a repeat from a long time ago, but, I have two different tips today that can be helpful.

I have heard of two different houses burning down due to leaving the house while the dryer is running. You can clean the lint filter off by pulling it out and taking the lint off it. Also, you can use this lint for the outside birds who would love it for making nests. But if you use a scented sheet in your dryer to keep clothes from sticking together, that could be harmful for birds.

Never leave a house with the dryer running, unless it is on the air cycle (no heat). Also, clean the pipe out that goes from the dryer to the outside of the house at least once a year, if possible.


The other tip is one I heard somewhere, but have no idea where. When you get inside your car on a hot day, you will turn the air on probably (unless your thyroid isn't working!). The air the comes out will be carrying toxins, and the one in particular is the fumes that are heated up from the outside heat. When you turn the air on in the car, those fumes come right inside the car, and they are carcinogenic. If they are inhaled, they can be harmful After I read that, I always open up the windows in the car and let the heat out first, while having the air conditioning on. I also open up the top of my car. Hot air rises, so I am hoping all the hot air, and the air from the engine that comes into the car, will all go out of the car. Just one more step to be on the safe side. Let your car air out!


No comments:

Post a Comment