Cooking is Like Science

Cooking is Like Science
Cooking is Fun & Healthful!

Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Disadvantages of Industrialized Food For Us And Also For Our Livestock

  (I originally wrote this as a whole article, but it is way too long to put it into this blog. I am going to divide it up in parts, or put it on another blog and summarize it here.)

   I am not sure which blog page I should put this on, so I may put it on more than one. Is it a political issue, or a health issue? It's really both. You will see why in a moment.
   I have been watching a Youtube video called, 'Back To Eden' gardening. I am not quite sure where the guy is coming from theologically, but he definitely sees God's handiwork in fruits and vegetables! This man explains how to do a garden naturally, which will end up using very little work effort. This man can grow all kinds of food that aren't supposed to grow in his area. All of nature works together in his yard to grow a lot of food.
   There are so many things wrong with our commercial food system, and if we don't pay attention, there will be some bad ramifications coming about. In order to understand what I am explaining here, you have to understand the kind of culture we live in, and what has happened to make it the way it is today.
 I am going to end the article here for today. I did want to point out something I saw in the video 'Back To Eden' tour. The farmer, who is totally natural and organic, had some excellent points. I am going through this video on a continual basis to become familiar with this method of gardening. One example of what he shares is with his dog not eating store bought organic carrots. The dog loves vegetables from the garden. But when offered carrots, even ones which are labeled 'organic' the dog would not eat them. Why? Because the dog is able to smell poisons and chemicals that are on the vegetables, and by instinct, he knows not to eat them. The farmer actually called the carrot company to ask about the carrots, and was told that the carrots are sprayed with some kind of chemical before being bagged. Why would organic carrots have poison on them? According to the farmer, these organic carrots, which look very pretty and clean, are sprayed with some type of cleaner. It actually causes the carrots to be slimy. I have also heard about those pretty little short carrots they sell in bags in the produce section. They are labeled organic. But, they are washed in bleach water. Yes, they really are organic carrots, but there is no law that says you can't spray or soak the organic carrots in bleach water. When I found this out, I was disappointed, for I have often bought these carrots at the store.
Dogs know intuitively
when something is
toxic


More to come. I'll share about the vet who got tired of treating sick cows and how he cured them with a simple answer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment