Cooking is Like Science

Cooking is Like Science
Cooking is Fun & Healthful!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Vitamin B-17 To The Rescue!

I don't know about you, but I am always interested in finding ways to either cure or prevent cancer. In 1985, the statistics showed that 1 in 4 people will get cancer. Today, the statistics are that 1 in 2 men will get cancer, and 1 in 3 women will get cancer. Not good news. When I was little (in the 1960s), if a person found out they had cancer, it was an automatic death sentence. Not necessarily so today though, but cancer is one of the biggest killers in America today. Amazingly though, there are people who have defeated cancer. I have heard of two such people (there are probably many more). One woman who had terminal cancer made cabbage soup every night. She eventually died of pneumonia. Another woman who had terminal cancer was sent home to die. She decided to eliminate sugar from her diet. She survived and is cancer free. I also saw a video recently of 5 people who had terminal cancer and defeated it through diet, exercise, detoxing, and a few other things. While researching things on amazon.com, I found a cookbook called, 'The Little Cyanide Cookbook'. Seems kind of strange for a book, but it contains recipes rich in vitamin B-17, which is touted by the author as being 'nature's control for cancer'. (The author is June de Spain). There are a lot of recipes in this little cookbook. Many of them I can make myself with another recipe. The ingredients in these recipes that contain vitamin B-17 are italicized and bold. In the back of the book the ingredients are listed. One of the ingredients is lima beans. They contain vitamin B-17. That is good news for me because a couple of years ago, I planted some lima bean seeds I got at the grocery store and have strong lima bean plants. My family doesn't like lima beans, so I was sorry I planted them in the first place. I decided to take some of the fresh ones and make succotash with them. I just mix them with frozen corn and cook them for a short time. The author highly recommends the readers to read a book by G. Edward Griffin called, 'World Without Cancer; The Story of Vitamin B-17'. I haven't read the book but it sounds interesting. One more item that can help in the battle of cancer. One of the best sources of Vitamin B-17 is apricot kernels, ground. The author uses this a lot in her recipes. I know that they also contain cyanide, but for some reason, in small amounts, it seems to be a good ingredient.
http://www.goerieblogs.com/news/writersblock/2011/11/eating-outside-the-box-i-hate-lima-beans/

No comments:

Post a Comment