Cooking is Like Science

Cooking is Like Science
Cooking is Fun & Healthful!

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Beautiful Breakfast

I am not a breakfast eater, but when I saw a pudding on the internet that was supposed to be for breakfast, I decided to get my pudding spoon out and make some tapioca pudding for breakfast. I am taking the recipe on the side of the box from Kraft 'Minute Tapioca'. There is a recipe also on the box for tapioca cream, which I think is similar. I cut the recipe in half because I am not going to eat that much pudding by myself in a short period of time. I can always make more if I want some.



Tapioca Pudding

1/6 cup sugar ( I used 3 Tablespoons Stevia)
1 1/2 TBSP Minute Tapioca (you can use any brand, as long as it is 'minute' tapioca
1 3/8 cups milk
1 egg, well beaten
1 tsp. vanilla (I also used a little Grand Marnier)

Mix sugar (stevia), tapioca, milk and egg in medium saucepan; let stand 5 minutes.
Cook on medium heat stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil.
Remove from heat.
Stir in vanilla or flavoring.
Pudding thickens as it cools.
Cool 20 minutes; stir. Serve warm or chilled. store leftover pudding in refrigerator. Makes about 3 (1/2 cup servings).
But here is what I did a little differently. I took some fruit like kiwi and strawberry and cut them up and layered them with the pudding in a stemmed glass. Serve with whipped cream if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment